Thursday 19 September 2013



As everyone by now should know, Mrs Fahey is retiring into the good life at the end of term and Mr Murphy will be our new acting principal for term 4.  But who exactly is this Mr Murphy?  We've seen him around, but the 1/2's wanted to know a little more.  So we sat down and came up with a few questions that would give us an insight into our newest staff member.  The good news is that Mr Murphy has passed the test with flying colours (although we think his jokes might need a bit of work!).  Read on discover a little about Mr Murphy...



When is your birthday?
On the 9th of December (16 days before Christmas!)

Can you tell us about your family?
Bronwyn is my youngest daughter.  She is in grade 6 at Wangaratta Primary School.  Sarah is my eldest daughter.  She is in year 9 at Wangaratta High School.  And my wife, Kylie, teaches at Charles Sturt University.

Do you have any pets?
Buzz is a big, bouncy dog who leaves his hair everywhere.  Alex is a handsome grey cat who only sits on your lap in Winter.

What type of music do you listen to?
Alternative Rock.  I listen to Triple J.  Jack White is one of my favourite artists.

What is your favourite: 
Musical instrument – guitar – though I can’t play very well.
AFL team - Richmond
Sport -  Volleyball
Animal -  Tiger
Book -  anything by Margaret Atwood
Movie -  The Princess Bride
Food  Spicy Curries

What is your most embarrassing moment while teaching?
I’ve done so many silly things that I don’t get embarrassed any more

What is your favourite subject at school?
I like Science, English and Maths best

How long have you been teaching for?
20 years!

What do you like best about being a teacher?
I really like finding ways to help kids enjoy learning

Have you ever been a principal before?
I’ve been assistant principal at two other schools, but this is the first time I’ve been a principal.

What are you looking forward to the most at WPS?
I’m looking forward to working in a school where the students, teachers and families all work so well together.

What made you interested in working at WPS?
I think WPS is a great school and I’d like to help it get even better.

Can you tell us a great joke?
I don’t know any great jokes but this one makes me smile:
What did Tarzan say when he saw three elephants coming over the hill?
-          Look, there are three elephants coming over the hill?
What did Tarzan say when he saw three elephants coming over the hill wearing sunglasses?
-          Nothing.  He didn’t recognise them.


Thanks for answering our questions Mr Murphy, we're looking forward to working with you next term!

No comments:

Post a Comment